Payment Plans and Programs
Standard Payment Program
- Harvest Payment within 12 days of crop receipt
- January Progress Payment
- April Progress Payment
- June Progress Payment
- Final September Payment
- Accelerated Payments are drawn against estimates of future payments
- May be taken at any time, as early as initial delivery
- Funds are recovered at the next available regular payment
Deferred Payments Option
- Defer your payments to a future date
- Earn interest on your deferred amounts
- Available January 1st—with Crop Insurance
- Available June 1st—with Crop Estimate
- Advance payment prior to delivery on estimated meat weight of grower or huller stockpiles
Quality Premium Payments
- Deliver high quality and earn more value. Our premium program increases grower returns by compensating them for top quality almond deliveries.
- Each almond delivery can earn additional payments based on the level of rejects, foreign material and chipped and broken almonds.
- Nonpareil Inshell maximum premium is 21.5 cents, Nonpareil meat maximum premium is 18.5 cents, and the rest of the varieties, except for Mission, has a maximum premium of 14 cents.
*These programs are subject to change as directed by market conditions, the economy and the judgment of the board of directors.
Blue Diamond Contract Options & Partnership Benefits
Contract options to support grower needs:
Long Term Crop Agency Agreement
- Our Long-Term Crop Agency Agreement provides full membership in Blue Diamond Growers with ownership and voting rights
Five-Year, Non-Member Agreement
- Our Five-Year, Non-Member Agreement provides growers with the ability to market all or a portion of their acreage with Blue Diamond, with limited rights
- Tonnage Contracts allows you to specify the variety and pounds you choose to market with Blue Diamond, also with limited rights
Partnership has its privileges…
Almond growers can participate in variety of member service programs, providing additional value for your crop!
- Domestic Production Activity Deduction (DPAD)—Tax Deductions
- Interest Charge-Domestic International Sales Corporation (IC-DISC ) – Tax Deductions
- Health Insurance for your family and employees
- Workers’ Compensations Insurance
- Investment Certificates…Earn competitive interest rates by investing in Blue Diamond Growers
- Orchard Stewardship Incentive Program
Grow With Us
The Importance of Food Safety: Blue Diamond knows the importance of protecting our brand; thus we understand the importance of protecting our customers’ product. Blue Diamond’s member/growers entrust us to take the crop they’ve grown and process it in the most careful and conscientious manner, ensuring that the food products we produce exceed all standards for excellence.
Blue Diamond Growers…
- Has the industry’s largest and most advanced chemistry and microbiological testing labs
- Employs over 60 full-time quality assurance employees, including two chemists and two microbiologists
- Adheres to industry-leading to HAACP guidelines and FDA regulations
- Technicians and scientists process more than 40,000 product tests each year
- Has a USDA-accredited laboratory for Aflatoxin Testing
- Completes all processing in peanut-free facilities
- Is the first value-added almond ingredient handler to attain Level 2 SQF 2000 Certification, demonstrating our ability to provide proof of a rigorous food safety management system to worldwide buyers
Please go to Documents/Forms for the latest information to develop a complete Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) program.