We encourage our Blue Diamond members to have a voice in the cooperative and an opportunity to assume a leadership role on a committee or board level. In 1994, Blue Diamond formed the Leadership Program for potential young growers between the age of 21 and 40 years old. The program still encourages leaders between the ages of 21 and 40 years but is open to all who are interested in participating. The program is designed to prepare participants for leadership roles through:
- Developing communication and leadership skills.
- Familiarizing participants with the structure and operations of Blue Diamond.
- Developing an awareness of the advantages of Blue Diamond membership.
- Meeting and becoming acquainted with other almond growers.
- Encouraging participation in Blue Diamond activities.
- Assisting participants in the development and operation of a successful farming business.
- Familiarizing participants with external factors that affect their business.
Please reach out to your Regional Manager for more information!
Application currently closed